12 October 2007

3.5 - Relief and Trepidation

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." - Seneca

Today is my last day at a job I've had for seven years. I don't think there is anyone in the building who has been here longer than I have.

I am sad.

I am relieved.

Monday is my first day at a job I just don't know enough about. I really don't much like being the new guy.

I am anxious.

I am apprehensive.

Today I feel bold, brave, and empowered.

Monday I will feel nervous, fearful, and confused.

Today I am surrounded by friends.

Monday I will be surrounded by strangers.

Today, and on Monday as well, I will go home after work.

I'll be ok.

2 comments:

Catherine Wannabe said...

Whoa! New job??? I'm out of touch. Glad there's closure, and thankful it all worked out.

Anonymous said...

Let me know how your new job is going. I'm sure you have my yahoo mail. Congrats! Celeste