29 May 2007

0.3 - My Perspective

My mind runs constantly, jumping from topic to topic, staying on one subject only long enough to get distracted by some minor aspect of it that leads to another relatively unrelated topic. I have twenty thoughts in twenty seconds. Anything not written down is soon forgotten.

I live in a constant fear (is that the right word?) that I’m missing out on something. I am always the last one to head off to bed. In the online world, when I experienced the web for the first time (1992!), I wanted to see it all. It seemed within reach at the time. I still don’t get much sleep.

I have experienced life (online and off) mainly as a bystander, a spectator, a voyeur, a lurker. I watch but do not participate; I see but do not act; I appreciate but do not contribute; I read but do not post. I like it that way. It is comfortable. It must change.

No comments: