08 March 2008

6.5 - Calgon

Four months since my last entry. I think that qualifies as being away. I have reasons. They may not be valid, but I have them.

A quick check of my posts from four months ago reveals that I was working on the master bathroom, supporting Ron Paul, trying to deal with a new job, and teaching my daughter to drive.

A quick check of my life now reveals that I'm still working on the master bathroom, still planning to vote for Ron Paul (I'll have to write him in. What other reasonable choice is there?), and I'm so frustrated with the new job that I'm about ready to start looking for another new job.

At least the daughter is driving pretty well.

I realize that the "Away" topic is supposed to be about... well, whatever I want it to be about, but the idea was to supply witty/insightful/sarcastic commentary regarding things observed when not at "Home." Sadly, when I look "Away," most of what I see is depressing or frustrating. I'm sure this falls short.

In the world "away" from my "home," the country is electing complete idiots to run the place, the media has taken over thinking for the masses, and the financial system of the US is falling apart as we watch.

In the world "away" from my "home," the tax people are holding my refund because of a form they lost. I faxed them the missing form, and when I called a week later to make sure everything was ok, they put me on hold for half an hour (until 5:02 PM) and then told me I really needed to talk to their business office, which closed at 5:00. Several days and several phone calls later, they finally acknowledged receipt, and now they say they'll get to processing the no-longer-missing form in about a month. (They say they put a "priority" status on it. That's why it will take "about a month." Before they put "priority" status on it, it was going to take "more than a month.") It only has two numbers on it that aren't zero. It took them more time to tell me how long it would take than it would have taken just to process it. So I wait.

In the world "away" from my "home" that I call "work," we are supposed to be... nevermind. Let's just say I'm beyond frustrated, and half my meeting notes are notes to myself on things I should change on my resume.

And now tonight I get to lose an hour of sleep.

I'd better go to bed before those nice young men in their clean white coats come to take me... away...

2 comments:

Catherine Wannabe said...

Sorry to hear of your frustration. I remember those Calgon commercials! As a kid, I thought that the Mom getting all stressed out about stuff like kids and pets was ridiculous. I mean, why should SHE need to soak in the tub if the dog was the one with the muddy footprints?

Now I get it.

Icon-1 said...

Sorry to hear about the job thing. I know how you feel. Wanna start a business?