03 August 2007

7.2 - Powering the Future

I have spent quite a bit of time lately pondering alternative power. Along the way I've learned a lot.

My current interest was re-peaked upon reading an article about the Think Citi. (It actually started some time ago with the Tesla--wow, what a car--but I digress...)

My main curiosity is about the Stirling Engine. I didn't realize that there was so much I didn't know about engines. My brain has been in overdrive ever since. It's the next best thing to perpetual motion. So many ideas, so little practical/marketable implementation. There must be a way...

Even if all my ruminations go nowhere, next time my son needs a science project, I've got one for him that's fun, interesting, and somewhat unusual.

2 comments:

Catherine Wannabe said...

No car is worth $98,000. Just my "idle" opinion.

Whoops, the engine expert in the family just informed me that electric cars don't idle.

Anonymous said...

Seriously... huh? :)